Friday, September 21, 2007

And the beat goes on..................

Shit Damn!!! I just went to the doctor who informed me that I can't work for 1-2 more weeks!! To some people this would be a great vacation. I mean it's just a finger so; I can realistically still do anything normal aside from benching my typical 200 lbs. Not working is starting to take its toll on me. I wake up and feel like I have to get ready to go but, I have nowhere to go. I've done as much as I can to address my new home move (reserving moving vans, getting a security system installed, packing, etc..) and my new business (got a bank account with merch., tax ID's, insurance, contracts, etc..) but, something is missing. What I'd love to do right now is take my bike out and ride to the end of the earth but, it's my bloody brake finger I shattered so, that's out of the question right now seeing as I'm riding a fixed gear (please excuse the run-on). What would you do, given 2 weeks of free time?

I visited my mother out on the boondocks on Wed. I haven't been back to the town I grew up in for about 2 years or so. Even when I last visited it was at night and I stayed for all of 5 minutes. I barely recognized anything, even in this small town Commercial America has dropped anchor. There's a new bank on every block, and a new restaurant franchise on every other. What used to be State st. Hardware is now Home Depot, what used to be Tiny T's hoagies is now a Subway; the spot I used to run and play mom's numbers (lottery) is now a Cingular cell phone store. I didn't see any of the old knuckleheads like sleepy and Sid just walking around, shit I didn't see anyone walking around. My mom's house is even new. She’s got a new kitchen, she's revamped the bedrooms, she landscaped the front yard, new driveway, and to top it all off my old bedroom is now a storage closet. All I have is the memories now, I guess that's all any of us have who moved away from home and didn't keep in contact with our hometown friends and family. On the positive side, my mom is doing well (she recently retired) She has found traveling to keep her happy. She just came back from Italy and is going to god knows where next (Big Up's Mom).

Right now, I'm going to get a movie and chillax for the duration. I'll be back soon. Take care.............

1 comment:

Patrick Kelly said...

thanks for adding my feed (Lirp)? i will add yours. while I am certain you are an Englishmen by your writings, I have no idea who you are. Are you Jack, Jez or an Englishmen I am now forgetting? If you are a Welshmen, I want to come visit. For some reason Wales is at the top of my list right now. And regardless of who you are, I wish you a quick convalescence with the finger. I sliced the tip of my thumb off with a hobby blade a few months ago. It's now healed, but flat on one side. It makes text messaging quite error prone.